Selena Gomez will be on Capital with Roman Kemp this evening from 7pm. She talks about Kendall Jenner no longer being single, being the only single one in ‘the squad’, a potential collaboration with Taylor Swift, awkward make out scenes in the video for her new single ‘hands to myself’ and her best party trick involving spitting chewing gum…

Please see full transcript below.

RK – Roman Kemp
SG – Selena Gomez

On being single – and Kendall’s new relationship status
RK - “Speaking of your friends you’ve got quite an impressive list. You’re part of ‘the squad’… Taylor Swift, Gigi Hadid, Cara Delevingne, Kendall Jenner, and like every other single superstar. What I want to know is are you holding auditions? I can fit into some nice outfits…”
SG - “Maybe not for the squad necessarily but boyfriend material is always good… none of them are single just so you know. Taylor is not single, Gigi is not single, neither is Kendall. I am the only single one!”

On collaborating with Taylor Swift
RK – “We did speak last time, and I mentioned the fact that Taylor Swift is there – is that something we can expect from this new album?”
SG – “The opportunity has always been there and I think she is one of the most talented songwriters I have ever met. I don’t know – I would want it to be a moment but we’ll see.”

On party tricks
RK – “What’s your party trick? Can you do anything weird?”
SG – “I used to be able to do this party trick – I could spit my gum in the air and catch it in my mouth, I did it 32 times in a row. That was my record.”

On awkward make out scenes in her new video “Hands to myself”
RK – “The new video is amazing.”
SG – “Thanks very much. I felt very creepy to be honest though, because I was a little bit of a stalker and then we had that awkward make out scene… I’m not kidding it was pretty awkward and I kept trying to make inappropriate jokes. I don’t think he got it, it was really weird.”
RK – “You didn’t do that chat like ‘weather’s great today innit…’”
SG – “Yeah I did, basically! I’m like ‘Hi, nice to meet you, can you take off your clothes and get in bed with me?’ that’s so weird!”

On doing a UK tour
RK - “Will you be doing a UK tour soon?”
SG - “One hundred percent, yes. We’re actually just about to start rehearsals for the American run and that’s the priority, but one hundred percent making this the priority after that.”

On her second album, Revival
RK - “Revival is your second studio album – you wrote the first one when you were 16 and this one you’re 23, same age as me. From the ages of 16 to 23 for me, I was just upset that MSN had gone. It seems like you’ve done a completely different thing - you’ve just become an absolute superstar. What was it like, the difference between the two?”
SG - “This is what I’ve always loved to do and I had so much to prove, I was in a point in my career where I was very motivated by the chaos that was around me. There was a lot of noise – the world had an opinion on my life and it was a little invasive. I wanted to use that as motivation to write this album and to create something that was authentic and was real and genuine and me. Now I am a little bit more open.”

Tune in to Capital from 7pm this evening to hear Capital presenter Roman Kemp interview Selena Gomez.