The French film is out later this year

Jehnny Beth, vocalist of post-punk quartet Savages will star in a new film titled An Impossible Love (Un Amour Impossible), to be released in France on November 7 this year.

The film is an adaptation of French author Christine Angot’s 2015 novel Un Amour Impossible, is directed by Catherine Corsini and co-stars Virginie Efira and Niels Schneider.

The story focuses on a “short but intense” romance in the 1950s between a young office clerk and a wealthy man that gives birth to a daughter. Beth plays the daughter in her adult years.

As the synopsis puts it: “Over the next 50 years, their lives will be shaped by the unconditional love between a mother and her daughter, overshadowed by the impossible love of a woman for a man that rejects her, and of a daughter for an absent and abusive father.”

Savages have not released new material since their 2016 album ‘Adore Life’, although Beth has recently joined Damon Albarn and Gorillaz on their recent tour dates.

At one of the shows, Noel Gallagher, Graham Coxon Beth all joined Gorillaz on stage for an all-star collaboration on ‘We Got The Power’ in London. Check that out here.

Speaking to NME at the BRIT Awards this year, Beth said that she’d loved every minute of being part of the band following their collaboration ‘We Got The Power’.

“I did a few dates with Gorillaz in Europe and America and a little bit of South America,” Beth said. “I didn’t go for long periods of time, but I went to see how it went in different areas of the world. I loved it – especially seeing what hard workers they are, especially Damon. Seeing how hard he works day and night.

“He would record new material in the day, then play a show in the night, then in the morning we’d be at yoga together. It was really inspiring. They’re a family, essentially. Most of them have been working together for 20 years or more. I was welcomed as part of the family.”