Steve Gullick
Jehnny Beth
Back in September, the British crime drama Peaky Blinders premiered a new track from Savages frontwoman Jehnny Beth in the fourth episode of its current season. That song -- a bludgeoning cut called "I'm the Man" -- remained unavailable for streaming until Friday (Nov. 8).

As the Peaky Blinders soundtrack nears its Dec. 13 release, "I'm the Man" gets its official release, showcasing a bit of what Beth has been up to outside of Savages (their last LP was 2016's Adore Life). Beth shared the following about the new song:

"I’m the Man" is an attempted study on humankind, what we define as evil and the inner conflict of morality. Because it is much easier to label the people who are clearly tormented by obsessions as monsters than to discern the universal human background which is visible behind them. However, this song has not even a remote connection with a sociological study, collective psychology, or present politics; It is a poetic work first and foremost. Its aim is to make you feel, not think.

Snoop Dogg performs at 2019 KAABOO Del Mar at Del Mar Race Track on Sept. 13, 2019 in Del Mar, Calif.
READ MORE
Snoop Dogg Becomes an Honorary Peaky Blinder With Cover of Nick Cave's 'Red Right Hand'
Beth's previous non-Savages TV/film work includes the soundtrack for Showtime's 2019 Chelsea Manning doc XY Chelsea, which she co-wrote and recorded with Johnny Hostile.

Listen to "I'm the Man" below.