Samuel L. Jackson is planning a Christmas charity single.

The 65-year-old actor is best known for starring in movies such as Oldboy and Django Unchained and was even nominated for an Oscar after his turn in Pulp Fiction.

But now he's turning his attentions to music, by organising a track that will raise money for testicular and prostate cancer charity One For The Boys.
\
The UK charts are often dominated by the winner of the British X Factor during the festive period, but Samuel thinks he's in with a chance of outdoing Simon Cowell and his talent show.

'I have been in Simon Cowell's presence and he can find talented people," he reasoned to British newspaper The Sun.

'He has had Christmas number ones with X Factor acts but there were a couple of times the show was beaten.'

Samuel is likely to pick a cover and is keen to rope in help from some talented friends. He's close to British rapper Tinie Tempah and could also get Paloma Faith onboard, as she has connections to the charity.

And the star says he needs all the support he can drum up.

'I don't think my singing will ever sell anything and my rapping is even worse!" he laughed.

'Having me on the song won't help at all.

'We have started approaching people and I've called in a couple of favours.'

Samuel is the chairman of One For The Boys, which was founded by Sofia Davis and urges males to regularly check for signs of cancer.