DELTA Goodrem’s latest single is thawing out the perception of those who have freeze-framed her as the teen who sang Born to Try and Innocent Eyes.

The racy lyrics and sexy imagery on Think About You are her most mature to date.

“I totally understand some people going ‘Did Delta just sing ‘I think about you naked when I’m looking at you?’,” Goodrem laughed.

“Australians know I am an adult, I’ve grown up, I run my own business. Some people needed me to grow slowly and I was always conscious of the family being a part of the shows. But I’m also a woman with so many sides to me I haven’t shared yet. I’m thankful I am able to talk about numerous topics now. It’s okay I can say the word ‘naked’ in a song!”

Think About You has already clocked up one million streams on Spotify and Goodrem films the video for the song in Sydney next week.

The 33 year old is staying silent on who the song may be about (“I’m never going to share that, some things you have to keep to yourself”) and despite recent pap photographs says she remains single and politely declines discussing her dating life. “If I have something to share I’ll let people know!”

Goodrem is now finishing the soundtrack to her Channel 7 Olivia Newton-John miniseries Hopelessly Devoted To You, which is being pitched for an international release.

The album will feature Goodrem duetting with Newton-John on Let Me Be There and Love Is a Gift.
“She was saying ‘Should I do the second verse?” and I said ‘Olivia, you can sing whatever you want, wherever you want at any moment on the record!”

Dan Sultan also subs in for John Travolta on Goodrem’s version of You’re the One That I Want.

“He’s incredible,” Goodrem says. “His voice is insane, he’s a total rock star.”

Channel 7 have yet to announce when they will air the miniseries, just as Channel 9 have yet to announce when they will launch The Voice, which Goodrem is a coach on.

Last year The Voice premiered in late April, but Channel 9 will likely wait until Channel 7’s coverage of the Commonwealth Games ends on April 15.

Goodrem fans will hope the bitter rival networks don’t screen both Delta projects at the same time, which would split the audience.

Meanwhile Voice fans will see a dark-haired Goodrem, who is finding many people don’t recognise her when she’s not blonde.

“I’m overhearing people in cafe taking bets on whether it’s me or not. It’s been a bit like putting on an invisibility cloak, people do a lot of double takes.”