American singer Ronnie Spector has described Kanye West as "a dick".

In an interview with Noisey, the singer claimed that she did not like the rapper because of the way "he speaks" but did admit that she had more time for his wife Kim Kardashian.

Spector, who previously fronted the girl-group The Ronettes and was also formerly married to controversial music producer Phil Spector, said: "I am not a fan of Kanye West. I don't mind Kim, but I just don't like that guy. I'm not a fan of how he speaks. He's a dick. I'm sorry. I don't like him. I'm just being honest."

She then went on to claim she was a fan of hip hop music in general, however, and was particularly keen on Eminem. "I like something I can understand," she added. "I understand his lyrics, but I like the beat. I'm still cool.

"Me, personally, I like what I do," she continued. "My songs, their stories are innocent and real. I'm a lyricist, so if I don't understand lyrics, I can't listen to a song. It's very difficult for me to listen to something I don't understand and I don't like instrumentals."

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Kanye West had pleaded not guilty to misdemeanour charges relating to an incident with a photographer at LAX airport in July of this year. A video of the incident appeared online on July 20, the day after the alleged attack occurred. The video shows West initially trying to ignore questions from the photographer, Daniel Ramos, before appearing to lose his patience and beginning an agitated conversation with the man.

The rapper then tries to seize Ramos' camera in a scuffle which sees the paparazzo fall to the ground. After being urged to stop by an onlooker, West holds his hands up and walks away.