The Who's Roger Daltrey has spoken out against policies put in place by Tony Blair's New Labour goverment, saying he will "never forgive" the party for allowing mass immigration.

Speaking to The Sunday Times, Daltrey said that he believes that the party's policies marked a downtown for the UK, and added that its made him angry that immigrants "get it in the neck" even though "it's not their fault".

He said: "I will never, ever forgive the Labour Party for allowing this mass immigration with no demands on what people should be paid. I will never forgive them for destroying the jobs of my mates because they allowed their jobs to be undercut with stupid thinking on Europe, letting them all in, so they can live 10 to a room working for Polish wages."

He continued: "I've got nothing against the Poles at all, but that was a political mistake and it made me very angry and the people who get it in the neck are the immigrants, and it's not their fault."

Roger Daltrey recently clarified Pete Townshend's statement about the fact The Who will stop touring after a final series of live shows in 2015. Last month it was confirmed that the band will scale down their operation in two years time, when they will mark their 50th anniversary. However, in an interview with Billboard, Daltrey said this will not be the end of The Who but merely an acknowledgment that at their age they can no longer invest the energy needed to stage a lengthy tour.

"I think you have to clarify what he said, and what we mean is we cannot keep going on doing these month-after-month, long, extended tours," he added. "It's extremely hard, hard work, just the grind of it. So we have to be realistic. The band got better reviews on our last tour (the 2012-13 'Quadrophenia & More' trek) than we had for years. It was incredibly enjoyable. It was incredibly exhausting, and we have to be realistic about our age. But it's not going to be the last thing The Who will do."