"Me nor my people would ever be at or around one of those tragic rallies"

Rihanna has hit out at Donald Trump after her music was used at “tragic” Republican rallies.

The ‘Work’ singer, 30, offered a terse warning after her 2007 hit ‘Don’t Stop The Music’ was played at a rally in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

The US President showed up was at the event yesterday to support Marsha Blackburn who is running for the Senate in Tuesday’s midterm elections.

Responding to a tweet which claimed the track was being played as “free Trump t-shirts” were thrown into the crowd, Rihanna wrote: “Not for much longer…me nor my people would ever be at or around one of those tragic rallies, so thanks for the heads up Philip!”

Only hours previously, the singer had backed Democratic candidate Andrew Gillum as he attempts to topple Rick Scott as the Governor of Florida.

“You have the opportunity to make history this election”, Rihanna wrote on Instagram.

“The US has only had four black governors in its entire history and we can help make #AndrewGillum the next one and Florida’s first.”

Rihanna’s warning comes only a week after Pharrell Williams condemned Trump for playing his hit ‘Happy’ at a rally that took place on the same day as the shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue that claimed the lives of 11 people.

In a cease and desist letter, Pharrell’s lawyer Howard King wrote: ““On the day of the mass murder of 11 human beings at the hands of a deranged ‘nationalist,’ you played his song ‘Happy’ to a crowd at a political event in Indiana.

“There was nothing ‘happy’ about the tragedy inflicted upon our country on Saturday and no permission was granted for your use of this song for this purpose.”