Following the success of his hugely acclaimed 2012 Top Three album, Standing At The Sky's Edge, Richard Hawley will release his eighth studio album, HOLLOW MEADOWS on September 11th, via Parlophone Records.

Recorded at Sheffield's Yellow Arch Studio in spring 2015, HOLLOW MEADOWS sees Hawley return to the classic, sophisticated songwriting and subtle arrangements that made him so widely loved and revered in the first place. Meditating on such themes as ageing, fallibility and relationships, much of the album shares a brooding, yet wistful and romantic atmosphere in keeping with early albums Late Night Final and Lowedges, as well as touches of 2009's Truelove's Gutter ('Nothing Like A Friend') and Standing At The Sky's Edge ('Which Way', 'Welcome The Sun').

The album features some notable guests from the UK folk scene; Hawley's neighbour and friend Martin Simpson, who plays slide guitar and banjo on 'Long Time Down', and Nancy Kerr, who plays fiddle and viola on 'The World Looks Down', 'I Still Want You' and 'Nothing Like A Friend'.

There is also a song inspired in part by Hawley's friendship with the iconic folk singer Norma Waterson ('Heart Of Oak'). Other guests include one of Hawley's oldest and dearest friends, Jarvis Cocker who plays Rheem Kee super bass on 'Nothing Like A Friend', and the Hick Street Chip Shop Singers, who are made up of various Sheffield luminaires, including Slow Club's Rebecca Taylor.

HOLLOW MEADOWS is an album full of exceptional songwriting, beautiful melodies and harmonies, and some of the finest lyrics and vocals Hawley as ever written and recorded. It will further cement his reputation as one of Britain's greatest songwriters of the past 15 years.

Track listing:
I Still Want You
The World Looks Down
Which Way
Serenade Of Blue
Long Time Down
Nothing Like A Friend
Sometimes I Feel
Tuesday PM
Welcome The Sun
Heart Of Oak
What Love Means

The album will be available on CD, digital download and gatefold double vinyl.

https://youtu.be/EtI9ibk9gpU