Q-Tip has revealed that he is working on the new Kanye West album with Rick Rubin.

At the end of last month (November 26), West revealed that he is already working on his next solo album and hopes to release it in summer 2014.

In an interview on Jay Z's Life And Times blog, Q-Tip revealed that he is working on the new material, saying simply: "I'm producing Kanye's new album with Rick Rubin...that's coming up."

West discussed the follow-up to 2013's 'Yeezus' in a recent interview, where he also talked through some of the many musical projects he is involved in, including 'Watch The Throne' and the GOOD Music albums.

"I haven't named my next album, but I have started on it," he said. "I always write down philosophies all the time, so I'll just have some thoughts and every time I think of it I write, and I'm just collecting beats, I'm just constantly working. I'd like to put out more product, I'd like have another album out by next summer."

West also touched on the topics of a second instalment of 'Watch The Throne' music and the long awaited GOOD Music album, 'Cruel Winter'. On the subject of reuniting with his mentor Jay Z, West said: "We're constantly working, I mean we haven't made any songs for it yet. We going to see what's going to happen."

Meanwhile, it seems timing is behind 'Cruel Winter's failure to arrive. "We think about it, I go back and forth on it. We just keep missing the winter, that's the only problem. We thinking 'bout dropping a Cruel Winter".