'Metallic Butterfly' was originally released in 2014

Princess Nokia has re-released her 2014 debut full-length ‘Metallic Butterfly’, pairing the remastered record with a candid handwritten note she penned upon ‘Metallic Buterfly”s original release four and a half years ago.

Originally self-released as a mixtape, ‘Metallic Butterfly’ has now been remastered and expanded to include three bonus tracks – ‘Anomaly’, ‘Earth Is My Playground’ and ‘Versace Hottie’ – which were all recorded at the time.

As well as the re-release – which is available to stream and download from today (December 14) – Princess Nokia (AKA Destiny Frasqueri) has also shared a letter that she wrote on the day of ‘Metallic Butterfly”s original release. You can read the note in full below.

“It took me a long time to get to where I am, but I am here and it is everywhere I want to be,” Destiny muses in the above note. “A place where both my artistic merit and hard work meet. A day where I can say, ‘Yeah, I’m a musician. A good one.'”

Princess Nokia’s debut studio album, ‘1992 Deluxe’, was released back in 2017.

Last week, Princess Nokia was announced as part of the line-up for Primavera 2019, which is held in Barcelona.