The record will go on sale at the Independent Label Market

A previously unreleased song by The 1975 called ‘102’ will go on sale this weekend in London.

The band’s label, Dirty Hit, will be be selling the song on cassette at the Independent Label Market which takes place at King’s Cross’ Canopy Market.

Limited to just 1000 copies, the cassette will only be available to buy on December 15. Previously, the song has only been on sale in Japan.

The event will also see new releases, rarities and signed copies of music from other artists including Bjork, Little Dragon, BADBADNOTGOOD, Flying Lotus, Thundercat and many others.

Copies of The 1975’s latest album ‘A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships’ will also be available to buy at the event. In a 5 star review of the album, NME wrote: “Healy had set out to describe his own experience, but in doing so has produced an artefact that sums up millennial life, a magpie pop masterpiece that could only be made right now and right here.

“And for every stupid joke you’ve heard about avocados and house prices and safe spaces and jazz hands, this is a piece of art that shows another side to a generation, one of achievement, wit and humanity in the most confusing of times.”

Recently, Matty Healy teased that the band could headline Glastonbury festival in 2020, something to which Emily Eavis later responded.

Speaking to Matt Wilkinson on Beats 1, Healy said that he felt the band were “ready” to headline Glastonbury.

“I’ll be at Glastonbury [2020],” said Healy. “Whether we headline it or not, who knows? If I ever am headlining Glastonbury, then everyone’s going to have to be on guard for a year, so that I don’t completely lose my mind.”

He continued: “I think that we are [ready]. Glastonbury, give us a year. Reading & Leeds, I’ll do it tomorrow. It will definitely be a very humble show. All of this ego and confidence here will probably be gone and I’ll be more like, ‘Honestly guys, thank you so much for coming.”

Responding to Healy’s comments, Glasto boss Emily Eavis told Matt Wilkinson: “Oh really? That’s good. Interesting. They’re great. Obviously we’d love to have The 1975.”