The rapper is reportedly about to enter the movie business

Post Malone is set to make his acting debut alongside movie veteran Mark Wahlberg, according to reports.

The rapper released his second album ‘Beerbongs & Bentleys‘ earlier this year. In a two-star review, NME said: “More of a stultifying moodboard than an album with something to say, [it] is a faded swirl of lean, flexing, custom whips, misogyny and occasionally – mercifully – heartbreak.”

According to Variety, Malone has joined the cast of Netflix’s Wonderland – an adaptation of Ace Atkins’ novel Robert B. Parker’s Wonderland. He will join the likes of Wahlberg, Black Panther‘s Winston Duke, comedian Iliza Shlesinger, Argo‘s Alan Arkin, and more in the movie.

It has yet to be revealed what role the musician will play in the film, which follows a detective called Spenser (Wahlberg) as he tries to uncover “the truth about a sensational murder and the twisted conspiracy behind it.” There is no release date at present.

Director Peter Berg previously told Collider there could be sequels in the pipeline if the film is successful. “I think there’s 150 books with this character,” he said. “So if it’s successful and it’s something that we do one every three years or two years—I don’t know what the number would be—and it’s something that we all like, that we feel is creatively satisfying and doesn’t feel like a slog, I think we would definitely do it. Mark and I are brothers and we love working together.”

Meanwhile, Malone has been at the centre of a run of recent bad luck, which has seen him involved in a car accident and an emergency plane landing, as well as the target of a home invasion. Ghost Adventures‘ Zak Bagans has suggested the rapper could be cursed after he visited the paranormal investigator’s Haunted Museum – home to the “most haunted object in the world”.

Footage of Bagans touching Malone’s shoulder as he touches the dybbuk box that inspired The Possession emerged earlier this summer, and Bagans has said that would be enough for the supposed spirit in the box to affect the star.