Pitbull and Ke$ha have snagged the top spot in the UK singles chart.

The pair recently teamed up for the tune “Timber,” which was originally released on October 27. Although the tune previously charted in Ireland, Germany, and Austria, the song recently debuted in the UK. It didn’t take long for the collaboration to find its way to the number one position on the Official UK Singles Chart.

Pharrell Williams’ Despicable Me 2 song “Happy,” which has its own 24-hour music video, previously held the top spot on the singles chart. However, the acclaimed producer will have to settle for second place this time around. Avicii rounded out the top three with the song “Hey Brother.”

Pitbull and Ke$ha performed “Timber” together during the American Music Awards on November 24, an event he also hosted. The next day, the duo unveiled the official music video for the tune. If you somehow missed out on that clip last year, then you can fix that glaring problem in your life below.

Unfortunately for Ke$ha, the success of her duet with Pitbull in the UK is somewhat diminished a bit by her recent trip to rehab. The controversial singer reportedly checked into a facility outside of Chicago on Friday (January 3) to get help with her eating disorder. The reports were later confirmed by a statement from her rep.

“I’m a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I’ve found it hard to practice. I’ll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder… to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am,” she posted on Facebook.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hHUbLv4ThOo

Although she was able to put something together with Pitbull, fans who were looking forward to what the singer was cooking up with the Flaming Lips learned late last year that the proverbial plug on their collaboration was officially pulled. Frontman Wanye Coyne described the news as “sad.”

During an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, Ke$ha said she doesn’t have much creative control over her career at the moment. Although working with Pitbull apparently wasn’t a problem with producer Dr. Luke, perhaps the Flaming Lips didn’t fit the image her handlers are trying to sell.

The singer said:

“What’s been put out as singles have just perpetuated a particular image that may or may not be entirely accurate. I’d like to show the world other sides of my personality. I don’t want to just continue putting out the same song and becoming a parody myself. I have so much more to offer than that and I can’t wait till the world really gets to hear that on the radio.”