She follows the likes of Elton John, the Spice Girls and the late David Bowie in collecting the honour

Pink will be honoured at the 2019 BRIT Awards with the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award.

The award has not been presented at the BRITs since 2012, when Blur were the recipients. Other previous winners of the prize include Sir Elton John, the Spice Girls and the late David Bowie.

Pink will be this year’s recipient of the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award, and she’ll receive the honour during The O2 Arena-hosted ceremony in London on February 20.

“I am so honoured to be recognised with the Outstanding Contribution To Music Award at the 2019 BRITs!” Pink said in a statement. “Since the beginning of my career the British fans have been some of the most fierce and loyal in the world. I am humbled to receive this honour and be in the company of an illustrious group of British icons!”

The artist, who will be the first international musician to receive the Outstanding Contribution to Music Award, will close the 2019 BRIT Awards with a special live performance.

“Pink is a trailblazer, a phenomenally talented singer and songwriter, and truly one of the greatest artists of our time,” BRITs Chairman Jason Iley said. “It is a real pleasure to honour her at this year’s BRIT Awards with the Outstanding Contribution To Music Award.

“With her remarkable career spanning nearly 20 years, Pink is one of the most successful artists in the world, consistently releasing multi-million-selling albums and selling out tours all over the globe. I am really excited to welcome her back to The BRITs and to recognise her prodigious success.”

Pink will tour the UK and Ireland in the summer – see her scheduled dates below.

June
18 – DUBLIN RDS Arena
20 – CARDIFF Principality Stadium
22 – GLASGOW Hampden Park
25 – LIVERPOOL Anfield Stadium
29 – LONDON Wembley Stadium
30 – LONDON Wembley Stadium