His son previously joined him during the Not Dead Yet! tour

Phil Collins says he is open to a Genesis reunion if his son Nicholas, age 17, would come along to drum.

Collins suffers from nerve damage, which makes it difficult for him to walk and drum. Nicholas previously helped his Dad out last year, playing drums on the Not Dead Yet! tour.

Speaking in a new interview with Rolling Stone, Collins said that he ‘wouldn’t say there isn’t not a possibility,’ concerning a Genesis reunion. Me, Mike [Rutherford] and Tony [Banks] are pretty close still,” he added. “I can’t imagine what it would be like if I didn’t play the drums, but anything is possible.”

“I’m saying this to you … I haven’t really said it to Tony and Mike,” he continued. “I did mention to Tony very quietly if we did anything again it would be with Nic on drums. He kind of didn’t say no. But I’m not sure if he heard me or not.”

The legendary band – whose modern line-up is considered to consist of core members Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Banks – last performed together in 2007 to mark Genesis’ 40th anniversary.

Both Collins and Rutherford have expressed interest in reforming the band in the past couple of years, and keyboardist Banks also added to the speculation by refusing to rule out the prospect of a Genesis reunion in the years to come.

Noting that he and Rutherford “see each other all the time and get on well”, Banks indicated to Louisville’s 91.9 WFPK that he’d be open to a reunion.

“We don’t rule it out. It’d be fun to try,” he said. “But Phil’s gotta survive his tour first of all and we’ll see where it goes.”

Acknowledging the one “slight problem” that the band would have to navigate, Banks added: “Phil’s our drummer and he can’t drum anymore.”