89595.jpg

Katy Perry hasn't spoken to ex Russell Brand since he texted her with his divorce decision.

The 39-year-old British comedian announced plans to end his marriage with the 30-year-old Hot N Cold songstress on December 30, 2011, just 14 months after they tied the knot.

And very little has progressed between them, as the pair are still not in contact.

'He hasn't spoken to me since he texted me saying he was filing for divorce,' she revealed to Australia's Daily Telegraph.
Katy's divorce from Russell was finalised in July 2012.

The Dark Horse singer is preparing to release her fifth studio album in 2016 and fans can expect to hear a lot about the end of her marriage in the songs she's penning for the upcoming LP.

'I don't want to talk about him - my songs will say what I need to say,' she noted.

Katy, who began her on-off romance with John Mayer in August 2012, refuses to be sour about love.

Her status as a divorcee does not rule out the possibility of passionate involvements in the future.

'No, absolutely not,' Katy said in response to whether she has trepidation about falling in love again. 'I'm excited by whatever it brings. I'm excited by my own evolution. I don't want to end up bittersweet. I have to evolve, I have to continue to push people's perceptions of me. As an artist I like to do that, keep people on the edge of their seats.

'I'm one of those people that likes to be fearless. We bungee-jumped in New Zealand on one tour. We go to water-parks and do things like that because I have a little fearless invincibility streak in me. I don't like to live in fear because that traps you and your voices. Fear is a control tactic in the world that is negative and depressing and I don't want to be associated with it.'