89927.jpg

Perrie Edwards won't dignify suggestions she split up One Direction with a response.

The Little Mix star is engaged to Zayn Malik, who sensationally quit the British boy band in March after being signed off their tour with stress. He insisted he was leaving to be a normal 22 year old, with his former bandmate Liam Payne later said Zayn - who debuted a bold green hairdo over the weekend - also wanted to spend more time with Perrie.

Once the announcement was made public, furious One Direction fans blamed Perrie claiming she was like Yoko Ono - John Lennon's wife, who was blamed for causing upset within the Beatles.

"Well, I don't even know what to say!" Perrie told Metro newspaper when asked for a response.

The singer was talking as she and the rest of Little Mix prepared to go on stage at the Royal Albert Hall in London last night.

While she wasn't that up for chatting about the rumors, her bandmate Jade Thirlwall was happy to weigh in.

"Negative things don't bother us anymore because we're past it now. We're doing really well for ourselves and focus on the positive," she said.

Fellow singer Jesy Nelson was also fine about opening up, although she chose to discuss her own relationship. She's dating Rixton star Jake Roche, who recently joked that he isn't much of a tiger in bed and got out of breath just taking his trousers off. That left Jesy red-faced, but she's hinted it's not the whole truth.

"He just makes up a load of poo all the time to make people laugh. 'Oh I wish I never said this, they're going to turn it into a thing.' He's a little sh*t!" she giggled.