Paul-Rudd.jpg

Paul Rudd would pick Keith Richards as his sidekick if he was a superhero.

The 46-year-old star is trying his hand at a new kind of movie with his latest release Ant-Man, which sees him portraying the Marvel character. It's got him thinking about what it would be like to be a real superhero, with Paul already set on who he'd want in his entourage.

"Honestly, the first person that popped into my mind was Keith Richards. He just seems like he would be fun and that he could survive anything," he told elleuk.com of the Rolling Stones legend.

Paul is proud to be involved in the film as he likes to test himself with all kinds of roles. He approaches them all the same no matter what, rather it's the prep which can differ. This time around he found himself working out a lot, although he's joked his regime wasn't a patch on that followed by Wolverine star Hugh Jackman.

"In preparation for the role I also got to the point where health and fitness was the focus of my day ' and I enjoyed it! Thankfully, I don't have to go full Jackman: I'm an ant, I shouldn't be too big," he laughed.

He may have got in shape for the movie, but it was a short-lived thing. When he isn't working Paul doesn't bother too much about his appearance, explaining that people can tell whether he's employed by the state of his hair. When it's wild and unkempt he's highly likely to be enjoying some down time.

Paul's tresses are a great source of pride for him, as is his ability to grown a extravagant facial hair.

"When I was in my early twenties I used to grow all sorts of very weird beards. All of them awful in retrospect," he giggled. "I had Civil War beards for a while, then Mennonite beards. But I used to think what a great thing it is that we get to grow hair on our face."