The Beatles and the Stones musicians both holidayed in Turks and Caicos at the same time

Paul McCartney has shared the bizarre business idea that he and Keith Richards came up with on holiday.

The Beatles and Stones musicians were both on vacation in Turks and Caicos recently, with McCartney saying he would visit Richards after lunch most days.

Speaking to Marc Maron for the latest episode of his WTF podcast, McCartney revealed, while there, the pair had come up with an unusual business prospect. “[We were] designing portable dog kennels that were inflatable,” he said. “It was a pretty good idea, we thought.

Asked if a lot of weed was involved in that idea, he joked: “In the kennels? In the creative process, it was required.”

Going into further detail, the legendary musician added: “We got round to if you had one you could custom-make them for Dalmatians to be polka dot. It was a good idea, I thought.” McCartney confirmed, however, that the pair had not followed through with the idea.

The Beatle also discussed his old band’s relationship with the Stones, saying there was no rivalry between the two groups.

“The legend grew that there was a rivalry and everything, but it was the opposite,” he said. “If we had an album coming out on August 28, we’d ring them and say, ‘Have you got anything coming out?’ and they’d say, ‘Yeah, we’ve got something coming out August 17,’ so we’d put ours back a bit. It was a nice scene.”

Asked if watching the Stones now made him wish the Beatles could still tour, McCartney replied: “Yeah, but unfortunately two of mine are dead. You’re kidding me? It would be fantastic if we still had the Beatles together to tour.”

Meanwhile, McCartney is set to release his latest studio album, ‘Egypt Station’, tomorrow (September 7). The album was recorded with Greg Kurstin, save for one track produced by OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder.