"At least this wasn’t a disgusting and attacking article."

Paris Jackson has responded in the wake of Leaving Neverland to deny claims in the documentary that sexual abuse allegations against her father will have a huge impact on her career.

It was previously reported by Gay Star News that the 20-year-old actress had become concerned after Wade Robson and James Safechuck claimed they were sexually abused by Michael Jackson in the explosive two-part documentary.

She responded on Twitter: “I actually haven’t made any statements yet, especially regarding how it affects my work life.

“You guys are reaching a bit. At least this wasn’t a disgusting and attacking article though.”

Jackson subsequently urged fans to “chillax” and explained: “Y’all take my life more seriously than I do. Calm yo tittaaaaysss.”

Responding to a fan who said the press had published “lies and garbage” she said: “If everyone reacted this way towards articles, they’d stop making lies and start writing actual news.”

The response comes after the first part of Leaving Neverland aired in the UK, amid widespread controversy. Part two airs at 9pm on Channel 4 this evening.

Viewers immediately took to social media to share their thoughts on the documentary, revealing a split in opinions on the contents of the film.

Many commented on the graphic retelling of the allegations, calling it “so uncomfortable and sickening to watch.”

A demonstration outside Channel 4’s London HQ took place earlier in the day,after the broadcaster refused to pull Leaving Neverland from its schedule, despite messages from fans and Jackson’s estate.