The legendary band quit touring last year

Ozzy Osbourne has said he “didn’t have a great time” on Black Sabbath‘s final tour last year.

The metal legends ceased touring with one last run of dates, shortly after which they broke up. They played their final show at Birmingham’s Genting Arena on February 4, 2017, where they bowed out with closing song ‘Paranoid’, taken from the 1970 album of the same name.

Osbourne, who is currently on his last solo tour, told the Philadelphia Inquirer: “I didn’t have a great time. I spent nine or 10 years in Sabbath, but I’d been away from them for over 30 years. With them, I’m just a singer. With me, I get to do what I want to do. I was getting bad vibes from them for being Ozzy. I don’t know, what the fuck else can I be?”

He also reiterated that he was not retiring altogether, despite the name of his current tour. “What I’m stopping is doing what I’m doing now, going around the world all the time,” he said. “I wish people would understand I’m not retiring. Is it my bad English accent? It’s called the ‘No More Tours’ tour. It doesn’t say ‘No more tours ever.'”

Osbourne’s current tour will run through 2020. In a statement issued when it was announced last November, the musician explained: “This will be my final world tour, but I can’t say I won’t do some shows here and there.”

Meanwhile, last year the rock star denied rock music is dead, explaining: “I’m still alive.” Asked in the same interview about his future plans, he replied: “I think I’ll do this till the day I die. It’s not a job; it’s a passion. It’s great. It pays well.”