The Migos rapper was just 10 when he appeared in the 'Whatchulookinat' video

The mother of Migos rapper Offset has revealed that he was cast as a backing dancer in a Whitney Houston music video when he was a child.

A new profile with Offset in The New York Times has uncovered the unlikely link, with the rapper’s mother also disclosing that he appeared in a TLC video in his youth.

Sensing that the news would break with the publication of the interview, Offset posted an old photograph from the set of Houston’s video for her 2002 single ‘Whatchulookinat’ on Instagram back on November 18. “I been doing this entertainment, God my witness – which one is me?” he captioned the picture.

The NYT profile also confirmed that Offset will release his debut solo album on December 14. A title has yet to be confirmed.

Offset will become the final member of Migos to release their first solo record in 2018, following on from Quavo’s ‘Quavo Huncho’ and Takeoff’s ‘The Last Rocket’.

Migos fans won’t have long to wait for new music from the Atlanta trio after Offset’s solo record drops. ‘Culture III’ is set to arrive in early 2019, according to Quavo.

The group’s previous ‘Culture’ records arrived in January 2017 and January 2018.