Sting previously threatened to sue the Chicago rapper

Juice WRLD is facing another lawsuit after a 16-year-old producer accused him of ripping off one of his songs.

Colorado musician Jerome Willisch (aka Fly Jxy) has filed a suit through his guardians against the Chicago rapper, whose real name is Jarad Higgins, according to TMZ. Willisch thinks Juice WRLD’s song ‘Lean Wit Me’, which featured on the album ‘Goodbye & Good Riddance’, was based on his own track ‘Ice’.

Juice WRLD, producer Nick Mira, Interscope Records, and Universal Music Group have reportedly been named in the lawsuit, which claims ‘Ice’ provided the “essential beat and foundation” for ‘Lean Wit Me’. Willisch is seeking unspecified damages and has requested the offending track be removed from all digital platforms.

You can listen to both tracks below.

Last year, Juice WRLD faced a potential lawsuit from Sting over sampling his 1993 track ‘Shape Of My Heart’ on his hit song ‘Lucid Dreams’. The track reworked Sting’s original guitar riff.

In a series of now-deleted tweets Mira claimed the veteran star was receiving 85 percent of the royalties from the track, but said the artist was now threatening to take him and the rapper to court to recoup all money from the song.

A month prior, Sting had told Billboard he thought the song was a “beautiful interpretation that is faithful to the original song’s form.” He also joked that the royalties from the hit would “put [his] grandkids through college.”

Meanwhile, last December saw the emo rapper team up with Panic! At The Disco’s Brendon Urie and producer Benny Blanco on ‘Roses’.