"I don't want that lunatic running the country"

Noel Gallagher has claimed that he would reform Oasis in order to stop Jeremy Corbyn from becoming Prime Minister.

The High Flying Birds man often has been very vocal about his dislike for the Labour Party leader. Now, he’s said that he’d rather bury the hatchet with brother Liam and reunite the Britpop giants than see Corbyn in power.

Asked by TalkSport if he’d rather reunite Oasis or see Corbyn elected, Gallagher replied: “I’d have to get the band back together, I think. I don’t want that lunatic running the country.”

This comes after Gallagher previously said “Fuck Jeremy Corby – he’s a Communist“, but added that he could never vote for the Tories “because some invisible force field would stop me from putting my vote in the ballot box”.

Gallagher famously supported the Labour Party in their ‘New Labour’ guise as they took their 1997 election win, and maintains that he is very much of a left-leaning persuasion, but the High Flying Birds man is less than impressed by the direction Corbyn is taking the party in.

“Speaking as somebody from the left, I thought the New Labour years, coming up to 1997, were amazing,” he said in 2016. “It was so exciting to be in England at the time, because there were so many things going on.

“But then, the Labour Party proved themselves to be ‘Meet the new boss, same as the old boss’, and until that changes, I’m not having it. The Tories don’t care about the vulnerable, and the communists don’t care about the aspirational.”

Bookies recently slashed the odds of the Britpop giants reuniting for a special gig at Slane Castle to coincide with the 25th anniversary of their debut album ‘Definitely Maybe’. The band were reportedly offered a lucrative sum to reunite for a massive show at the Dublin venue and Irish promoters MCD later confirmed that a deal was tabled for their return.

However, a reunion still seems as unlikely as ever. When one fan asked Liam about the supposed ‘deal on the table’, Gallagher replied: “No deal, no table, but like I’ve said before I’m ready to go.”

However, it seems that both camps will be preoccupied for the forseeable future.

Noel Gallagher recently confirmed that he hopes to start work on his next solo album in January. Liam has announced an intimate gig at London’s Union Chapel while he completes work on his second solo album.