"This is just another expression of what I am"

Kasabian guitarist Serge Pizzorno has launched a new art exhibition called Daft Apeth. Check out photos from the launch below.

Staged at Noho Showrooms in London, Noel Fielding, The Libertines’ Carl Barat, radio host Lliana Bird, football icon and Kasabian fan Peter Crouch, model Abbey Clancy, Fearne Cotton, magician Dynamo, actress Noomi Rapace, and former world boxing champion Naseen Hamed were all in attendance for the opening night.

Pizzorno’s work consists of canvasses, sculptures and prints based on memories of his childhood in ’80s Leicester.

“Music and art are kind of one the same medium– creating things,” he told the Evening Standard. “For me, it’s just another expression of what I am.

“There was a great quote from David Bowie: ‘If you’re on safe ground, you’re already dead’. You’ve got to roll the dice every now and again and step outside of your comfort zone.”

He continued: “It does make you nervous, putting it out there for everyone to see, but that’s what you crave. [This] has improved my ability to make music. It has freed me.”

Meanwhile, Serge Pizzorno recently clarified controversial comments about new bands not being able to step up to headline festivals.

“This is the problem with quotes. Someone else’s interpretation of something is quite a different thing”, he told NME . “One thing I regret is not having Twitter, because I could come out and say ‘That’s bullshit, I never said that’.”

“The question was ‘why are there no bands coming through? Why are there no headliners?’ To headline a festival, I’d say you need two big albums, three if you’re lucky.”

He continued: “So you’ve got bands that are capable with maybe one debut album and then the second doesn’t follow up as well. So then you get the third and fourth. Time will tell if that happens but that’s all it is. You can’t go on there with one big single, that’s not how it works.”