Scott's 'Astroworld' kept Minaj's 'Queen' off the top spot last month

Nicki Minaj has spoken about her unhappiness with finishing behind Travis Scott in the US albums chart, saying she wanted to punch him “in his fucking face.”

The rapper released her latest album ‘Queen‘ a week after Scott released his record ‘Astroworld‘. However, Scott was the one who claimed the top spot, leaving Minaj at Number Two.

In an appearance on Ellen earlier today (September 4), host Ellen DeGeneres commented about the star being upset and angry about the chart positions. “Why do people say things like upset or angry?” Minaj replied. “When someone says how they feel, they’re not always upset or angry.”

Asked how she had felt, she then said: “I felt like I wanted to punch him in his fucking face. It’s not anger, it’s just what’s right and what’s wrong, and what’s fair.”

She went on to explain why she was so annoyed at finishing below Scott. “I’ve had a Number Two album and I never cared,” she said. “It’s just when you have a Number Two album to someone who’s selling shirts, and merch, and passes for a tour that’s not even announced yet, it feels like you’re being tricked. It feels like you’re playing a game and someone is beating you at a game, as opposed to selling music.”

She added: “He sold a lot of t-shirts and sweaters, and tour passes, and so we not gonna have that.”

After explaining that she had lost out on 12 hours of sales in the album’s first week, she continued to say she didn’t want to seem ungrateful. “I am the most grateful person in the world and I love being grateful and remembering that things could be worse,” she said. “I started from nothing.”

Minaj said she had spoken out against Scott on her Queen Radio show and online because she doesn’t “like being bullied [or] taken advantage of.” “Sometimes people use scare tactics against you cos they know, especially as a black woman, people will call you angry or bitter, and so now it’s almost like we’re not allowed to defend ourselves or stand up for ourselves, and I’m not gonna have that.”

Meanwhile, the rapper recently confused her fans by giving Margaret Thatcher a shout-out on an episode of Queen Radio. Minaj name-checked the former British Prime Minister moments after comparing herself to US civil rights activist Harriet Tubman.