90009.jpg

Nicki Minaj has unleashed a furious Twitter rant at her ex-boyfriend.

The Anaconda singer took to the social networking site in the early hours of Thursday to issue her former beau Safaree Samuels with a few home truths. Her posts came after the rapper released a new song documenting their 12-year relationship, which ended last year.

"Took a person with me to fame & fortune. These dudes leave their girl in the hood. Tell the truth or you will b doomed," she wrote. "God gave me a good heart. I always let ppl get over on me way too long. But that's why I'm blessed. I'll always b blessed. May God keep u (sic)."

Safaree released track Love the Most on iTunes on Wednesday which dissected their relationship. As well as talking about the good times, the rapper took aim at her steamy kiss with fellow artist Nas in her Ride By My Side video and the fact that he felt he was a secret as she started to build her career.

"What a shame it took a split for them to know I was your man,' he raps. 'Got so tired of hiding and head high with no pride in it. Guess I wasn't cool enough 'cause in our pictures be hidin' it.'

The lyrics left the 32-year-old furious. And in her Twitter rant she advised her former beau to reach a level of acceptance about their relationship and focus on the future.

"Enough with the pity party. Just live your life," she said. "I'm happy today not b/c of meek. But b/c i know Im a good person. Don't hate u. Will always love u. I forgive u. It's time to move on. And just for the record, I'm in love with meek (sic)".