It’s the third show the rapper has been forced to cancel

Nicki Minaj cancelled her Dublin show on Friday (15 March) just hours before she was due on stage.

In a statement released by MCD Productions, Minaj apologised and blamed ‘adverse weather conditions’ that affected Irish sea sailings and stopped her equipment from arriving in time.

The full statement, which was released on Friday evening, read: “Unfortunately, due to adverse weather conditions which have affected Irish sea sailings over the last 24hrs resulting in some equipment trucks not arriving, Nicki Minaj has been forced to cancel her concert tonight (Friday 15 March 2019) at Dublin’s 3Arena.

“Ticket holders are advised to hold onto their tickets while the artist, venue and promoters work to reschedule the date as soon as possible with a further update to follow at 6.30pm on www.mcd.ie

“Nicki Minaj apoligises for any inconvenience caused to fans due to these unforeseen circumstances.”

A later update on MCD.ie announced that the concert was unable to be rescheduled and refunds for tickets would be available from Tuesday (March 19) from point of purchase.

On Saturday morning (16 March) Minaj tweeted: “Dear Ireland, I love you” with an emoji of the Irish flag.

The Dublin show is the third date Minaj has cancelled on her current tour with rapper Juice WRLD, with the star previously cancelling her March 9 date Bordeaux, France due to technical problems.

Minaj posted a video apology to Instagram – which has now been removed – in which she said, “You guys, it’s not in my best interest not to perform and lose money and aggravate my fans.”

She went on to add that the venue “didn’t have the power” to facilitate her show but she was not made aware of issues “until three hours before the show.”

Minaj added: “Every artist – every artist – has technical difficulties and have to cancel shows. I wanna tell you guys that I love you dearly and I really hope to make it up very soon.”

A show in Bratislava, Slovakia last month was cancelled for the same reasons.

The rapper is due to play a show at Glasgow’s SSE Hydro this evening (March 17) and an announcement from the venue’s Twitter page confirmed the show is still going ahead.

The tweet from SSE Hydro read: “A message from the show promoter: “The Nicki Minaj ft. Juicewrld show at Glasgow’s SSE Hydro will go ahead as planned tomorrow night. Despite speculation online, the show is still scheduled to take place and production vehicles have already arrived in Glasgow.”