89476.jpg

Nick Jonas thinks any jokes made about him at the Billboard Music Awards will be 'in good fun'.

The 22-year-old singer attended the ceremony in Las Vegas on Sunday to perform his hit track Jealous. The show is hosted by model Chrissy Teigen and rapper/actor Ludacris but Nick isn't too worried about any remarks they might make about him between the gongs being given out.

'Chrissy and my girlfriend [Olivia Culpo]are actually pretty good friends so I've come to know her pretty well and she's really sweet so any jokes they might have, I know they're in good fun,' he told Entertainment Weekly. 'And I can laugh at myself.'

As well as looking forward to his own performance, Nick also opened up on the red carpet about which other artists from across the genres he was looking forward to seeing on stage.

'Kelly Clarkson is one that I always enjoy watching, she has such a great voice. And the Little Big Town-Faith Hill collaboration I think is going to be amazing,' he enthused. 'Van Halen-it's all over the place. It's going to be a good show.'

The hunk has had a busy year, attending almost every awards show going, from the Grammys to the MTV Kids Choice Awards. But for the star, the Billboard ceremony is particularly important.

'It's really a celebration of the last year of music,' he added. 'It's about the community coming together and recognising the accomplishments of some of the artists-and what a great year it's been.'