The Adam Levine-fronted band had been reported to be struggling to find collaborators for the big show

Big Boi has been confirmed to join Maroon 5 at their upcoming Super Bowl halftime show.

The NFL confirmed the line-up for the annual event, including the Outkast rapper and Travis Scott, earlier today (January 13). The Super Bowl LIII will take place at Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium on February 3.

Scott was announced for the show last month but it has been revealed that he only agreed to perform at the sporting event on the condition that the NFL make a donation to a social justice cause.

According to Billboard, a source close to the negotiations between Scott and the NFL said the rapper made a $500,000 (£389k) joint donation with the American football organisation to “social justice accelerator” Dream Corps.

In a statement, Scott confirmed the donation, saying: “I back anyone who takes a stand for what they believe in. I know being an artist that it’s in my power to inspire. So before confirming the Super Bowl Halftime performance, I made sure to partner with the NFL on this important donation. I am proud to support Dream Corps and the work they do that will hopefully inspire and promote change.”

The ‘Astroworld’ star had faced criticism for his involvement in the Super Bowl halftime show, with many, including Black Panther star Michael B. Jordan and Jay-Z, thinking he should have turned down the offer to stand in solidarity with quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The former San Francisco 49ers star last played in 2016 and caused controversy by kneeling during the US national anthem as a protest against police brutality.

It was previously reported that Maroon 5 were struggling to find anyone to agree to perform with them during the Super Bowl halftime show.

Sources claimed last year that the band had asked over half a dozen acts to play, including Cardi B, who featured on their single ‘Girls Like You’. A representative for the Bronx rapper later said she was “not particularly interested in participating because of how she feels about Colin Kaepernick and the whole movement.”