A weird move while the film is still in cinemas

The new music video for A Star is Born song ‘I’ll Never Love Again’ has just been released but unfortunately for those who’ve yet to make it to the cinema, it spoils the end of the film.

The remake of the 1937 classic has been given a modern update, starring Bradley Cooper (also in his directorial debut) as boozing country singer Jackson Maine who falls in love with Ally, a talented young waitress-cum-singer (Lady Gaga).

The film’s soundtrack and single ‘Shallow’ topped both the UK album and UK singles this week (October 27). It marks the first time an actor has achieved a number one single since Nicole Kidman’s 2001 duet with Robbie Williams.

Now the video for closing song ‘I’ll Never Love Again’ has been released. It’s the song Lady Gaga’s character Ally sings right after *spoiler alert* Cooper’s character Jackson Maine takes his own life.

While it doesn’t explicitly give the ending away, there’s plenty of emotionally-charged clues that alludes to the fact. You can watch it below.

As well as Cooper and Gaga, the 19 original songs on the soundtrack feature contributions from Lukas Nelson, Jason Isbell, Mark Ronson, and Andrew Wyatt of Miike Snow.

The record also included 15 dialogue tracks that, according to a press release, feature “those moments that will take listeners on a journey that mirrors the experience of seeing the film.”

Gaga said earlier this year that working alongside Cooper on the film had “changed” her.

“It just has changed me. Watching Bradley work was phenomenal and then having him believe in me – it gave me more ammunition to believe in myself and I just feel so blessed to have had that experience.”

She added: “I think what I learned from Bradley [is] it’s okay to be relentlessly sure of your vision and to go after it with every fibre of your being, and to never stop white gloving what you’re making.”