The rumour mill is in overdrive

One of Kendrick Lamar‘s labelmates has hinted that a new album from the rap superstar may be coming soon.

Isaiah Rashad, who shares a spot on the Top Dawg Entertainment roster with Lamar, took part in an Instagram Live stream recently, and revealed that he heard a “damn near” complete new Kendrick Lamar album.

Referring to a hangout with Top Dawg Entertainment CEO Anthony Tiffith, Rashad stated “[Top] just played me a whole Dot album, damn near,” before revealing that more Top Dawg Entertainment releases may be incoming: “[ScHoolboy] Q finna drop. SZA’s hair is green, so you know it’s going to be fire. You never know what’s going to happen.”

Kendrick Lamar recently headlined Reading & Leeds Festivals, with his Reading set finding the rapper battling against a difficult crowd. “Kendrick was absolutely the right person to be headlining Reading Festival, and we know he’s got the chops to make it special,” wrote NME‘s Hannah Mylrea, “So it’s just a shame that the moment escaped us tonight.”

Lamar also recently received the Pulitzer Prize for Music for his latest album, ‘DAMN.‘ He was the first non-jazz or classical artist to be given the honour.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, Lamar said the prestigious award was “one of those things I heard about in school, but I never thought I’d be a part of it.” He continued: “It’s one of those things that should have happened with hip-hop a long time ago.

“It took a long time for people to embrace us – people outside of our community, our culture – to see this not just as vocal lyrics, but to see that this is really pain, this is really hurt, this is really true stories of our lives on wax.”

He said that getting the recognition for the genre was not only “great for [him]self”, but made him feel “good about hip-hop in general.” Writers like Tupac, Jay-Z, Rakim, Eminem, Q-Tip, Big Daddy Kane, Snoop… It lets me know that people are actually listening further than I expected.”