Trump's team had previously said they would stop playing Young's songs

Neil Young has spoken out against Donald Trump once again after the US President has continued to air his music at rallies without permission.

In 2015, Trump played Young’s ‘Rockin’ In The Free World’ at rallies during his presidential campaign. The musician asked him to cease doing so and his team agreed, saying: “We will respect [Young’s] wish and not use it because it’s the right thing to do.”

However, the song has been a part of Trump’s midterm events, causing Young to speak out against him again. “DT does not have my permission to use the song ‘Rockin’ in the Free World’ at his appearances,” he wrote in a statement on his website.

“Legally, he has the right to, however, it goes against my wishes. I made this perfectly clear after he played it in a media moment to announce his candidacy. I asked him then, in a widely shared public letter to cease and desist.”

Young continued: “However, he chose not to listen to my request, just as he chooses not to listen to the many American voices who ask him to stop his constant lies, to stop his petty, nasty name-calling and bullying, to stop pushing his dangerous, vilifying and hateful rhetoric. This man does not represent the character of the people in the USA that I have come to know and love.”

He concluded by acknowledging the fact that, as a Canadian, he can’t vote in the US, but encouraged his fans to “take this great opportunity to make your voice heard.”

Young is not the only musician to demand Trump stop using their music at his campaign events lately. Rihanna sent the President a cease and desist letter when he used ‘Don’t Stop The Music’ at a rally, while Axl Rose, Pharrell Williams, Steven Tyler, and Prince’s estate have also said he does not have their permission to play their songs.

Rose suggested Trump’s team were using “loopholes” to play artists’ music at rallies without their consent.