The National have collaborated with US cartoon sitcom Bob’s Burgers to record a Thanksgiving song.

The band covered 'Sailors in Your Mouth', a song about gravy which featured in the recent Thanksgiving themed episode of the show. Visit the Entertainment Weekly site to watch the special animated Bob's Burgers style clip of the band performing the song in a typically downbeat fashion.

The National, who recently completed a tour of the UK and Ireland, also appeared on an episode of The Mindy Project this autumn. The band headlined a fictional music festival in the sitcom and performed an acoustic version of 'This Is The Last Time' from their recent album, 'Trouble Will Find Me'. The show aired Stateside at the start of October.

In addition, The National wrote a new song for The Hunger Games soundtrack. Speaking to NME, Matt Berninger said that the track was originally titled 'Dying Is Easy', but it was deemed "too dark" by the film's makers so the band were forced to change it to 'Lean'. "The song almost didn't make it because it was too dark for The Hunger Games soundtrack, which I thought was sort of funny because It's about killing kids, I don't know how a song can be darker than that?" he says. "So we had to change the name of the song; I actually like the name 'Lean'."