Artist Kyle Lambert has shared details of how he made the sci-fi imagery on the device

The artist behind Muse‘s artwork for new album ‘Simulation Theory‘ has given fans a look at how he created the image using only an iPad.

Kyle Lambert is an LA-based British artist who is known for using the Apple device to create his works of art. He has also produced Stranger Things poster art for Netflix, as well as artwork for Jumanji and My Next Guest Needs No Introduction with David Letterman.

In a new video shared on Muse’s YouTube channel, Lambert shows the process behind the sci-fi imagery that will adorn the sleeve of ‘Simulation Theory’. In the beginning, he can be seen creating line drawings on his iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil before the video shifts to a colour version that looks like the finished artwork.

“I was contacted by Muse to create an illustrated album cover for their new studio album, ‘Simulation Theory’,” he wrote on his official website. “The art combines Matt, Dom and Chris with the characters from their latest music videos, ‘Something Human’, ‘Thought Contagion’, ‘Dig Down’ and ‘The Dark Side’.”

Muse’s eighth studio album will be released next month (November 9) and was produced by Rich Costey, Mike Elizondo, Shellback, and Timbaland. It will feature the singles listed by Lambert above. The band will also play London’s Royal Albert Hall on December 3. Visit here for tickets and more information.

Meanwhile, in a recent interview, Bellamy explained that, despite the band having cemented itself as one of the biggest on the planet, they are still an ambitious group.

Asked if they would ever release an acoustic album, he replied: “I’d love to play the Egyptian pyramids, though. That would be interesting.”