Lasers and cyborgs aplenty, it seems

Muse have given fans another look at their new stage set-up for their forthcoming ‘Simulation Theory’ world tour – and it appears to include a giant cyborg and some dancers joining them on stage.

The three-piece will hit the road from February 22 in promotion of their eighth studio album, which came out back in November. The tour will kick off in Houston, Texas, before continuing on through North America until mid-April. Muse will later play three huge UK stadium dates as part of the tour.

As the band continue to prepare for the start of the tour, Muse have given their fans a new look today (February 12) at what to expect during their latest live show. And, judging by the band’s latest Instagram posts, the three-piece look set to be joined by an enormous cyborg who appears to be shooting laser beams out of its mouth. This is going to be quite the departure from their stripped back but raucous Royal Albert Hall show last year.

Last week, Matt Bellamy shared a teaser clip of the band’s set-up on Instagram where he appeared to be encased in the exoskeleton of a giant robot. The footage saw the frontman stomping around the stage while wearing the lavish creation.

“Getting geared up #simulationtheoryworldtour,” wrote Bellamy.

The introduction of a cyborg and a huge robot to Muse’s live set-up appears to be in direct contrast with comments Bellamy made late last year when he suggested that technology would take a back seat on the latest Muse tour.

“I think I am interested now in making the show involve a lot of additional people,” Bellamy told the BBC. “It won’t be dance routines – but choreographed theatrics of some kind.

“We’ve done a lot with technology – the screens and drones and so on – but I think it is time for us to do something that involves people and get a cast together that brings our songs to life with people performing.”