If Miley Cyrus shocked you when she lit up a joint on the EMA stage, beware. Bangerz producer (and Miley pal) Pharrell Williams says Cyrus has a lot more up her sleeve.

"She's still going, and at the end of the day, man, all I can say is you'll see," he told MTV News on Tuesday at GQ's Men of the Year red carpet in Hollywood. "She's an old soul and has had merely 21 years on this planet and has lived most of it in front of a camera, and I think we're all seeing the effects of somebody who's got something to say and is figuring out how she wants to say it."

Pharrell Williams Calls Miley Cyrus An 'Old Soul' At GQ Men Of The Year Event
Pharrell, wearing a green Lanvin tux for the soiree, was recognized as Hitmaker of the Year in the men's mag, which also features Matthew McConaughey, Will Ferrell, Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar and James Gandolfini. Along with Miley's album, he was behind Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines" and Daft Punk's "Get Lucky." Among his upcoming projects are collaborations with Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, Jennifer Hudson, T.I. and Pusha T.

"I don't take credit," P said. "I just don't do it. It's not necessary. If anything, I'd just like to highlight my appreciation for it all."

But as for the GQ honor, Williams was wholly appreciative.

"I'm still in pinch mode," he admitted. "It's just awesome — it's GQ!"