The K-pop band released the Korean version of the track on their latest album 'Take 2. We Are Here'

Monsta X have released the English version of ‘Play It Cool’, their collaboration with Steve Aoki and have also announced details of their US tour.

The seven-piece K-pop band teamed up with the US DJ and producer for the original Korean version of the track last month. It appeared on their latest album, ‘Take 2. We Are Here’.

In a press release, Aoki said of the boyband: “Monsta X is one of those powerhouse groups that sets the bar very high. Their voices stay with you long after the song is over, and on this track they sang so profoundly that all we had to do was focus on the story we were telling.

“I really believe in today’s world that we have redefined what love and relationships look like, so I think that this song is one that many people can relate to.”

Monsta X added: “It was such an honor to work with Steve Aoki. He is truly an amazing artist and producer. We love how ‘Play It Cool’ turned out at the end so much that we included it in our recent album – Take 2 ‘We Are Here’! After the great success of the Korean version, we can’t wait to see the responses to the English version from all over the world.

“This collab is a gift from us to our ‘monbebe’ [the collective name for their fans], for always taking care of us and keeping it cool. Thank you.” You can listen to the new version of the track above.

The Korean group have also confirmed details of their upcoming US tour. Tickets for the dates will go on sale on March 29 at 4pm local time. They will also perform in London on July 9, although a venue is yet to be confirmed.

Monsta X will play:

July 2019

25 – Dallas, TX, Verizon Theatre
27 – Houston, TX, Smart Financial Centre
30 – Atlanta, GA, Fox Theatre

August 2019

3 – New York, NY, Hulu Theater
6 – Chicago, IL, Rosemont Theatre
10 – Los Angeles, CA, Staples Center

Monsta X released ‘Take 2. We Are Here’ in February. In a three-star review, NME said it “feature[d] some giant leaps forward for the band” with ‘Play It Cool’ being one of “the most immediate of those steps.” “A link-up with K-pop’s collaborator of the moment Steve Aoki, it merges Balearic haze with house piano and bubbling undercurrents of garage,” the review continued. “Monsta X might have made you want to dance before, but this is them fully dedicating themselves to Ibizan club life.”

Meanwhile, Aoki recently spoke to NME about the appeal of K-pop as interest in the scene continues to grow in the west. “When you do find out and discover artists in the K-Pop genre, you’re blown away,” the DJ, who has also collaborated with BTS, said.

“Anyone who clicks on a video and views the dance moves, the style and the way they sing – you can’t help but see the talent that they have. That’s the phenomena that’s happening. That’s how I felt when I first heard Big Bang a few years back. Since then I’ve been digging in and finding out about more and more of these acts.”