90498.jpg

Miley Cyrus says Pride goes way beyond a month-long campaign.

The 22-year-old singer launched the #InstaPride social drive earlier this month, encouraging people to be more accepting of others on Instagram by featuring portraits of transgender individuals on the photo sharing site.

The campaign was conducted in conjunction with the Happy Hippie Foundation, who work tirelessly to create a better world for young and homeless LGBT teenagers.

But while Pride month comes to an end on June 30, Miley insists her work with the campaign will not ' adding that it is now one of her lifelong missions.

'My life is f**king Pride,' Miley said in an interview with Instagram. 'Like, Happy Hippie? That's my f**king life. It doesn't stop in a month. You know? This isn't Christmas or Valentine's Day where you give people some presents for no f**king reason just because you're supposed to. Saying that these people really matter, my voice matters and I want to use it for something, it's given me such a purpose.'

Miley was just one of the celebrities expressing her delight when the Supreme Court of the United States ruled to legalise same sex marriages in all 50 states last week.

But Miley says that while the decision is a step in the right direction, there is still a lot to be done.

'I know everyone's saying 'Love wins,' but does it?' she asked. 'There are still so many people and so many [issues], especially for black trans women.'

'Yes, I can celebrate today, but tomorrow it's back to work.'