Rocker Mick Jagger feels comforted by wearing clothes designed by his late partner L'Wren Scott following her tragic death.
The fashion designer, 49, committed suicide on 17 March, 2014 in New York City while Jagger, her boyfriend of 13 years, was on the road touring with his band the Rolling Stones.
The 72-year-old admits coming to terms with Scott's passing remains difficult and he finds himself observing her memory constantly by donning the outfits she designed for him.
"I don't find it difficult emotionally to wear her clothes," he tells U.K. newspaper The Mirror. "In fact, it's quite nice for me. I've got a big selection of her stuff and the wardrobe mistress goes nuts because I always want to bring them all on tour.
"At the end of the day I just pick them up and go: 'Ah, that's one of L'Wren's... I like this one'."
However, even though he enjoys wearing L'Wren's creations, dealing with the grief of her tragic death is still one of his greatest challenges.
"As time goes by, you obviously have a different take on it," he shares, noting it is hard for him to acknowledge her passing. "It's not something I want to talk about but, I mean... the thing is - I am still wearing her clothes."
Jagger lost another important figure in his personal life recently, as good friend and fellow musician David Bowie passed away from cancer in January (16).
Like many others, Jagger had no idea Bowie was dying from the disease, and the music legend wishes he could have given his pal a proper warm goodbye.
"I was listening to his album (Blackstar) before he died and ahead of it coming out," he says of the Ziggy Stardust hitmaker's final LP, which was released worldwide on 8 January (16), his 69th birthday and two days before his death on 10 January (16). "I thought I must get in touch with him as I hadn't seen him in a long time. But he died almost immediately after that. I was very upset.
"What he was going through must have been really wrenching. But working and doing such good work until the very end is really laudable."