Mick Jagger has announced that he will appear on the new album by his younger brother, Chris Jagger.

The Rolling Stones frontman revealed earlier today via Twitter, that he will appear on 'Concertina Jack', his brother's ninth studio album. Though not sharing his older sibling's success, Chris Jagger has released a string of solo albums since 1973, including 2009's 'The Ridge'.

Mick Jagger appears on two tracks on the album – the title track plus a song called 'Diamonds And Pearls'. "I'm not a big one for anniversaries,” says Chris Jagger in a statement, "but in the brew ha ha revolving around The Rolling Stones and 50 years I realised it's 40 years since my first record came out." Recorded in France, the album also features Bobby Kees and Tim Rees, who play horns for The Rolling Stones.
Earlier this week The Rolling Stones announced a series of live dates to take place in 2014, including shows in the Far East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand. Mick Taylor, who was a member of The Rolling Stones from 1969-1974, will be a special guest for the tour, which is titled '14 On Fire'.

The band played two sold-out headline dates at London's Hyde Park in July this year (2013). They are yet to announce any further UK dates.