Bublé re-evaluated his life and priorities after his son recovered from cancer

Michael Bublé has denied that he’s retiring from music following his forthcoming album ‘Love’.

Over the weekend, the crooner told The Daily Mail that he is “retiring from the business” after his son Noah was diagnosed with cancer at just three years old.

Although the youngster is now in remission, Buble said that the hardship meant that “My whole being’s changed. My perception of life. I don’t know if I can even get through this conversation without crying. And I’ve never lost control of my emotions in public.”

Bublé subsequently claimed that he has had enough of fame. “I actually thought I’d never come back to the music business. I never fell out of love with music, I just needed to put it aside.”

But it now appears that his comments may have been premature – with a representative for the singer rejecting any talk of looming retirement.

“Michael Bublé has absolutely no plans to retire”, confirmed his representative Liz Rosenberg.

“Perhaps as he discussed the different emotions he’s been through these last few years, that thought might have gone through his mind,” she added.

“I assure you with a new album coming out, TV appearances, and a possible tour, he is not retiring.”

Before the diagnosis Bublé admitted he was obsessed with ‘celebrity narcissism’. “I’d lost the joy and at some point… I was starting to lose the plot. I’d become desperate to hold onto something I thought I might be losing, and I thought I had to do something special to keep it… But then I started to wonder why I wanted to do this in the first place.

“But the diagnosis made me realise how stupid I’d been to worry about these unimportant things. I was embarrassed by my ego, that it had allowed this insecurity,” he continued.

He concluded that he wanted to make one final record out of ‘gratitude’ to fans who “gave me faith in humanity,” to “continue the legacy of my idols,” and “because if the world was ending – not just my own personal hell but watching the political turmoil in America and watching Europe break up – there’s never a better time for music.”

Bublé also revealed that he will star in an upcoming episode of James Corden‘s Carpool Karaoke.

He ended the feature by saying: “I’m retiring from the business. I’ve made the perfect record and now I can leave at the very top.”