Ariana Grande also holds on to the top spot in the singles chart

Michael Buble has held off Mumford & Sons to claim this week’s Number One UK album.

The Canadian singer’s tenth studio album ‘Love’ beat Mumfords’ new LP ‘Delta’ by just 8,500 sales with 66,794 combined sales, while Little Mix, who this week got into a spat with Piers Morgan over their album cover for ‘LM5’ settle for Number Three. The group’s fifth album shifted 56,840 combined sales and is this week’s most streamed album, according to the Official Charts Company.

Mumfords recently kicked off their world tour with a huge Dublin show at the 3Arena on the day their album was released.

They are due to play in Birmingham tonight (November 23) before heading on for shows in Newcastle, Nottingham and London.

The band also recently had to reschedule four dates for next year due to “unforeseen logistical and technical challenges”.

In the official UK singles chart Ariana Grande holds on to the Number One spot for a third week with ‘thank u, next’.

Grande also waded into the Piers Morgan/Little Mix spat earlier this week as she called the TV show host out for slut shaming the girl group.

“I use my talent AND my sexuality all the time because I choose to,” she tweeted. “women can be sexual AND talented. naked and dignified. it’s OUR choice. & we will keep fighting til people understand. I say this w all due respect but thank u, next.”

In further tweets, she encouraged the British girl group to “keep fighting the fight” and told Morgan she looked “forward to the day you realise there are other ways to go about making yourself relevant than to criticise young, beautiful, successful women for everything they do.” She added: “I think that’ll be a beautiful thing for you and your career or what’s left of it.”