90560.jpg

Meghan Trainor is suffering a haemorrhage on her vocal cords.

The 21-year-old singer was set to hit Atlantic City today and Connecticut tomorrow, but both shows have been postponed on doctor's orders.

She broke the news to her fans on Instagram, apologising profusely for disappointing and promising that she would 'make it up' to them.

'I don't want anyone worrying but I have had a haemorrage on my vocal chords,' she posted. 'Right now the doctors want me on complete vocal rest until they are healed so I have to postpone my first two shows in Atlantic City and Connecticut.

'I love you all very much and want to get healed quickly so I can show you this amazing tour we've been working on. I am truly sorry to everyone who has bought tickets and made travel plans. I hate this. (sic)'

Luckily her followers have been supportive, with Meghan thanking them for all the love they've sent her way on social media.

She's been to see another doctor in New York but so far there isn't any definite news on when she will be able to sing again.

'So frustrated but cant make any noise (sic),' she expressed.

Her next show is scheduled for July 7 at the Common Ground Music Festival in Lansing, Michigan.

Meghan is the latest star to have suffered a vocal cord haemorrhage, with Sam Smith and Adele previously suffering.