The rapper was in a relationship with Minaj for over two years

Meek Mill has recalled the time he went on a double date with Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, and Beyoncé, and how it got very awkward.

The ‘Championships’ rapper dated Minaj for over two years, going public with their relationship in early 2015.

In a new interview, Mill shared the story of the group date, saying he and Minaj had gone for dinner with the Carters, where Jay-Z was in charge of the music selection. Ultimately, the star ended up playing a diss track Drake had made bout Mill during the meal.

“Hov and Beyoncé were like, ‘Come out to eat with us,'” Mill explained. “I’m from the hood. Hov and Beyonce like ‘Come eat with us.’ I’m like damn, I’m about to date Hov and Beyonce right now, this shit is incredible.'”

He continued: “Hov got the playlist and he’s clicking through shit and ‘Back to Back’ come on by mistake while we’re at the table. I’m like, ‘Oh shit. What the fuck?’ So Beyoncé, Hov and Nicki, everybody just looking like they don’t know what the fuck going on. I got to take a shit now. I’m like, ‘God damn, the fuck?’ I don’t even know if they remember that, but shit, I remembered that.”

Last week (November 30), Mill released his first album since being released from prison. In a four-star review, NME said: “A stand-out project, ‘Championshps’ may not slip into people’s end of the year lists, but it’s a statement of intent. Meek has demons, just like the rest of us – he just lets us in.”

However, the record also appears to contain a homophobic slur against Tekashi 6ix9ine during a guest verse from Rick Ross. The rapper appears on ‘What’s Free’ with Mill and Jay-Z, where he says: “Screaming gang gang now you wanna rap, racketeering charges caught him on a tap / Looking for a bond lawyers wanna tax, purple hair got them f****ts on your back.”