Get your festive tickets now

Mariah Carey has shared a video teasing plans for an ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ tour.

In the clip she posted on Twitter, which you can watch below, the singer is pictured with sleigh bells ringing and a plate of cookies as she does a slow chair turn and says, “Who were you expecting?” while the track is played in the background.

Carey announces a series of European dates kicking off in Sormarka Arena in Norway on December 1, before wrapping up at Madrid’s Wiznik Arena on December 17.

Her tour also takes in a date at London’s O2 Arena on December 11 and at Leeds First Direct Arena on December 10

This is the sixth time Carey has embarked on an annual Christmas tour and the second time she has taken it to Europe.

The shows tend to be filled with classic hits, lights, Christmas trees, kids choirs and Santa Claus.

The singer previously revealed that her hair froze while she was filming the video for her seasonal smash hit.

Carey released the track back in November 1994, and the song is still a permanent fixture across many Christmas playlists – its popularity serves as a handy annual bonus for the singer, who reportedly scoops around £376,000 in royalty payments from the song each year.

Earlier this year, Carey also revealed that she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

She said at the time: “Until recently I lived in denial and isolation and in constant fear someone would expose me. It was too heavy a burden to carry and I simply couldn’t do that anymore. I sought and received treatment, I put positive people around me, and I got back to doing what I love – writing songs and making music.”