mapei.jpg

The inimitable Jacqueline Mapei Cummings, better known as Mapei, has recorded her new video with some help from Volvo Trucks.

In Volvo Trucks' TV series 'Reality Road' the Swedish-American artist travels around Europe recording the music video for her single 'Million Ways to Live'.

Moving from a spontaneous gig in a suburb of Paris, where Volvo trucks are hired in at short notice to secure the lighting to an abandoned house in Warsaw, it was a hectic nine day shoot.

During shooting Mapei gets acquainted with the trucking world. Among other things, she performs with drag show artists on a truck ferry from Sweden to Poland.

'Music touches me and takes me to other dimensions. For me, music and creativity are the meaning of life,' says Mapei.

'I don't know anything about what will happen from day to day, because the recording team wants my reactions to be genuine. So it feels like one long surprise party,' she says.

'I love to travel and to have the opportunity to meet new people and cultures. That is also what 'Million Ways to Live' is about ' to find yourself out on the road with the freedom to travel. It is the ultimate song for a road trip,' says Mapei, who also got a chance to test drive the truck.

During the nine days, Mapei, director Liza Minou Morberg and truck driver Jens Karlsson visit six European countries - Sweden, Poland, Germany, France, Switzerland and Italy ' covering a distance of over 4,000 kilometres.

Check out the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=bIxVpv30GfM