The actor praised the rapper for speaking out about what he believes in

Malcolm In The Middle‘s Frankie Muniz has defended Kanye West after his most recent comments on Trump and slavery in America.

The rapper wore a Make America Great Again cap during his SNL appearance, which he concluded with an unaired speech in support of the current US President. Later, he posted on Instagram about what he thinks the MAGA hat represents and the need to “abolish” the 13th amendment.

Speaking to TMZ, Muniz said: “Maybe he’s trying to make a point, something he feels strongly about. One thing that I can say about him that I think is a positive from it is the fact he’s speaking out for what he believes, whether you agree with it or not.”

He continued: “There’s a lot of people who are afraid to say anything, or say stuff and don’t even know what he’s saying. I give him props for that.”

Not everyone shared Muniz’s sentiments on the issue, though. Lana Del Rey commented on West’s MAGA hat Instagram post, telling the rapper: “You need an intervention.”

“I can only assume you relate to his personality on some level,” she wrote. “Delusions of grandeur, extreme issues with narcissism – none of which would be a talking point if you weren’t speaking about the man leading our country.

“If you think it’s alright to support someone who believes it’s OK to grab a woman by the pussy just because he’s famous – then you need an intervention as much as he does.”

Snoop Dogg also hit out at West, calling him an “Uncle Tom ass n***a”, but later posted a video to Instagram that suggested he had forgiven him.