Watch our video interview with the singer above

Madison Beer has spoken of what to expect from her ‘honest and vulnerable new album.

Beer was speaking to NME on the red carpet of the BRIT Awards 2019, where she revealed that she’d be returning to tour the UK for a tour in September after completing work on the full-length follow-up to her 2018 EP ‘As She Pleases’.

“I have an album on the way which I’m really excited about,” she told NME. “I’m definitely going to be doing a full UK tour so I hope to see all my fans there. It’s coming along really well. It’s evolved so much, I can’t even put it into words. It’s grown, it’s changed, it’s cleaner, it’s more polished and it’s just all so much better.

“I’m so excited for people to hear this side of me. It’s more vulnerable and honest too.”

Asked about the lyrical inspiration of the record, Beer replied: “I’ve really taken time to dive into my heart and my emotions a little more. I think before I was a little nervous to open up that box and go, ‘What’s in there’, you know? Now, that’s what’s made the best music and that’s what I’ve been able to pull out of parts of myself that I never knew existed.

“It just took me taking a crowbar to my heart and going, ‘What’s in there, let’s get it out’.”